- Collard Greens (throw a good amount 1-2 cups up to you)
- 1-2 cups chopped or ground beef/chicken (optional)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1-2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large white onion
- 2 or more tablespoons canola or cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked tablespoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon curry or turmeric spice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or more
- ½ juiced, about 1 tablespoon
- Tablespoon bouillon powder or cube
Grab a large skillet and heat medium-high. When ready toss in oil, onions and garlic. Keep stirring for about 2 minutes, be careful not to burn garlic.
Now add curry, coriander and paprika, and stir, stir, stir for another 2 minutes.
Optional for carnivores: Grab that meat (you know what I mean, pervert), and bouillon powder – keep stirring until all ingredients have mixed well.
Add collard greens, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. Cook for another 5-8 minutes or until greens are cooked to your liking. Throw in salt and pepper for taste.
Done. Let it cool a bit and serve.
Sure you can make an awesome Kenyan Sukuma Wiki salad, but can you go to Africa with high-expectations to see the world’s largest land mammal and: Not. See. One. F*****g. Elephant.
Yea. You would be disappointed, right? Well, while you enjoy you’re Sukuma Wiki, please read the story that inspired this recipe.