- A good amount of white fish (this dish will go quick because people pick at it…if you’re serving a big party, buy a large quantity)
- 1 cup for three cups of fish, chopped/diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- Hot chilessauce (if you wish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime juice, enough to cover the fish completely
- Saltine crackers
- Chop fish into small squares and add to a large glass bowl or container.
- Add onion, green and red peppers. Add hot sauce.
- Cover everything with lime juice. Fish should be covered by at least 1/4″. Cover.
- Let bowl in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Fish must look white (cooked) If there is excess water, pour out some.
- Ceviche can be enjoyed with a cracker or popcorn.
Cops may have that protect & serve motto going for them, but some cops, especially in third world countries, may have other things in mind other than P & S’ing. Maybe more like seducing young women…enjoy the story that inspired this fish-y recipe (BTW, don’t buy the fish if it smells fishy).